Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DEGV4 - Welcome To Dreamsville


Diz' fourth comp, and another excellent one.....which was worth the oh so long wait eh Diz? ;O)

I'm not going to stand on Diz' toes, I'll let him fill you in on the selection of tracks etc. As for the cover? Don't you just love that pic of Marsha Hunt? An iconic photo if ever there was one!

From Diz;
"I was influenced slightly by Paul Weller's 22 Dreams album for this one. Not so much in the music style but in so much as I wanted it to be a musically eclectic journey which would dip n dive all over the place but would also hopefully work as a complete listen. Whether I succeeded or not is up to you to judge. It's held together largely by the Jazz/Funk tracks and the use of Flute I feel. I particularly like how the flute pulls together otherwise diverse acts like Jurassic 5, Lonnie Liston Smith & The Black Keys for example, taking you thru a hip-hop, jazz-funk, blues-rock trip in 3 easy moves :-)"

As always there are print quality covers in the zipped file that you will download, don't bother trying to print the images here on the blog as they are just low-res versions.

TRACKLIST
  • 01. Sammy Ambrose - Welcome To Dreamsville
  • 02. Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators - Holdin' On
  • 03. Donald Byrd - Steppin' Into Tomorrow
  • 04. Jurassic 5 - Jayou
  • 05. Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions
  • 06. Black Keys - Same Old Thing
  • 07. Seasick Steve - Cut My Wings
  • 08. Byther Smith - So Unhappy
  • 09. Eli 'Paperboy' Reed & The True Loves - Take My Love With You
  • 10. Clarence Wheeler & The Enforcers - Doin' What I Wanna
  • 11. Gil Scott Heron - Free Will
  • 12. Richie Havens - Adam
  • 13. The Herbaliser - Amores Bongo
  • 14. Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Jungle Lion
  • 15. Slim Smith - Everybody Needs Love
  • 16. The Five Stairsteps - Don't Change Your Love
  • 17. Poets Of Rhythm - Practice What You Preach
  • 18. Sweet Vandals - You Wanna Be My Lover
  • 19. Jimmy McGriff & Richard 'Groove' Holmes - Preacher's Tune
  • 20. Marie Knight - Cry Me A River
download the zip file here and enjoy!

Charlie Bravo.

Peace! Out!

1 comment:

Diz said...

I was influenced slightly by Paul Weller's 22 Dreams album for this one. Not so much in the music style but in so much as I wanted it to be a musically eclectic journey which would dip n dive all over the place but would also hopefully work as a complete listen. Whether I succeeded or not is up to you to judge. It's held together largely by the Jazz/Funk tracks and the use of Flute I feel. I particularly like how the flute pulls together otherwise diverse acts like Jurassic 5, Lonnie Liston Smith & The Black Keys for example, taking you thru a hip-hop, jazz-funk, blues-rock trip in 3 easy moves :-)