Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BEGV4 - Stir It Up


My fourth comp and more of a search through the Bravo archives to songs that I either hadn't listened to in a long time or had never really appreciated before rather than new tunes to my collection. I just wanted to do another comp but hadn't bought much recently so trawled back through the collection. I think this is my fave so far. Not sure why, maybe it was the work that went into it. With vols 3 & 4 I've clipped tracks, altered volumes etc and then put them together as though they were being played on decks so there is very little gap between the tracks (consequently, don't include the gaps that burning apps tend to do as standard if burning to disc).

Love this cover, another iconic photo of Twiggy in this one and love that combination of colours too.
As always there are print quality covers in the zipped file that you will download, don't bother trying to print the images here on the blog as they are just low-res versions.

TRACKLIST
  • 01 - Patti Drew - Beggar For The Blues
  • 02 - Soul Mission - Trans Global Express
  • 03 - JTQ - Car Chase
  • 04 - Aretha Franklin - Rocksteady (Alternate Mix)
  • 05 - King Cannon (Karl Bryan) - Overproof (Aka Little Darlin')
  • 06 - The Blenders - Decimal Currency
  • 07 - Booker T Averhart & The Mustangs - Take Your Shoes Off Part 2
  • 08 - Candido - I'm On My Way
  • 09 - Brown Brothers Of Soul - Cholo
  • 10 - The Gaturs - Gator Bait
  • 11 - The Charmaines - I Idolize You
  • 12 - Ike & Tina Turner - Finger Poppin'
  • 13 - The Banana Splits - Doin’ The Banana Split
  • 14 - Junior Wells - I Got A Stomach Ache
  • 15 - Little Richard - I Don't Want To Discuss It
  • 16 - Luther Ingram - Oh Baby Don't You Weep
  • 17 - Memphis Horns - Soul Bowl
  • 18 - Rex Garvin And The Mighty Cravers - Sock It To 'Em JB
  • 19 - The Hippy Boys - Capo
  • 20 - Ike Turner's Kings Of Rhythm - The New Breed (Pt 1)
  • 21 - William Patton - Don't Be So Mean
  • 22 - The Crystallites - Stop That Man
  • 23 - The Charlatans - Stir It Up
download the zip file here and enjoy!

Charlie Bravo.

Peace! Out!

2 comments:

Diz said...

As a result of this comp The Banana Splits have now become part of my staple DJ set!

charlie bravo said...

a great track if ever there was one! :O)